Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Home The Music Shop 2

My friend brought this home from Cambodia for me. She went there because she always wanted to go, and thought she was going to die. She was very sick. It's been 9 years since then, and she's very much alive.

I bought this concertina in Amsterdam. It's Diatonic, 20 button. I can play "Home on the Range" and hope to videotape a performance for the Buffalo in Golden Gate Park. I'm hoping they'll be an appreciative audience, if not only a "captive" audience.
This is a diatonic Cajun Accordion. It's Chinese Manufactured and purchased online. It has four banks of reeds and can be incredibly loud.
This is a Japanese manufactured Mandolin. Mandolin is essentially a Violin. The strings are tuned the same hence the notes in the same "locations" the quality is beautiful and has really pretty inlaid trim and a rounded back. When I bought it, it had an ugly braided hippy suede strap. It's from a garage sale in Noe Valley.

This Mandolin is from Ankara. It's pretty low quality and has lacquer drippy marks on the face and down the back, like someone put too much paint on it during manufacture. This is the instrument that I brought to my Zuhre Ebe and she asked me to hand it to her and she played, "The Man On The Flying Trapeze" for me and told me how much she loved the violin and listening to a waltz and how she thought they were just beautiful.

No comments: