Monday, May 30, 2016

Kekkuk - Three tracks

I was able to extract three tracks from this tape.  All are mono.  Track 1 was alone on side 1.  Track 2 and Track 3 are from side 2.  In my opinion, Track 2 is one of the most interesting of all the recently converted reel to reel tapes.   The quality is not the best.  This tape is FRIED but I was able to clean it up a bit and increase the volume.  The volume fluxuates quite a bit.  Some songs just STOP right in the middle.  You can hear the sound of someone trying desperately to get rid of noise by adjusting the recorder.  I left it.  I did not edit it out.  Give it some time before you give up.  Some of the content is truly fantastic and it is worth tolerating the ragged quality. It is titled "Kekkuk" because that is what is written on the side of the carton.







No comments: