Saturday, February 7, 2009

Xenophon Group International - Kazan, Tatar Republic

I'm not really sure what to make of this site. It has an impressive name, but within the first four sentences it reads (about Kazan) : "The population in 1883 was140,726, at that time all Russians except for 20,000 Tatars. " Is this true? How could it be 50/50-ish at the present time? I'm confused, but... anyway..

Here is a different angle on that lovely Mosque in Kazan and it's fancy fence, and below it is a diaroma of the seige of Kazan that's somewhere in a museum in St. Petersburg.

When I was in grade school, I made a diaroma of the "Battle at Trenton Bridge" in Trenton, New Jersey. I included a couple of dead soldiers floating in the water and was very pleased with myself. I think the battle was a critical battle in the American Revolutionary War


No comments: