Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm Open To Offers

"I'm open to offers" is apparently what this says. This article was written about me several years ago and the picture is from 1998, exactly ten years ago. The camera doesn't show the half million people in front of the stage. My mother was there too and the sound went to shit. My hands shook the whole time and afterwards she asked me, "What happened?" The band immediately after us was Chumbawumba and they were doing, "I get knocked out" of course flawlessly. Our sound was the tragic result of a hostile soundboard guy accusing me of trying to steal the amp that I was supposed to be playing. I remember being so confused by his accusation. "How can I steal this amp? I'm supposed to be on in 5 minutes!" There were belly dancers and synchronized flag dancers doing cocaine or some other drug backstage, right on the steps of City Hall. We were horrified, and after the gig I went home and took a really hot shower, scrubbing myself and groaned for a week. The best comment I heard was, "You guys sounded so weird, I had to come running right over!"

http://tatar.yuldash.com/091.html

That's Tedd O'Neill on Bass behind me. He tragically took his own life Three years ago. He was an angel. That gig was his fulfillment of his new year's resolution that year to become a Rock-Star.

Here's the link to a YouTube video of that day.
It's the song 5 W's and an H
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X62Eb9XhAbU

No comments: