Monday, July 28, 2008

Yusuf Akchura - Pan Turkism




I don't know why I'm posting my entire book collection relating to Tatars, but I am an this is another relevant addition, published in Turkish. It's a book about Yusuf Akcura. According to Sabirjan Bedertin in "The Tatar Gazette" The first theoretical work of pan-Turkism was written by a Kazan Tatar, Yusuf Akchura. In 1904, he published an essay, "Och Tarzi Seyaset" ("Three Kinds of Politics") in which he articulated the basic tenets of pan-Turkic ideology. Now I'm not an expert on this, but Mr. Akchura saw a potential Turkic State in the unification of Turkic regions in Asia. This state never fully manifested but the notion is still worthy of study and relevant to our asserting our Turkic heritage in present day Russia.


No comments: