Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Isәnmesez Peremeç Peoples


Issenmesez, Merhaba, Hello

...okay I've seen enough of these blogs and I've been digitizing my Tatar music collection, so it's time to announce the grand opening of the Peremech Lounge. The Peremech Lounge is a comfortable place, where people are kind, the music warms your soul, and you can choose between Sour Creme, Yogurt, or Sugan Chorba for your peremeç. If you're ready, Get out the accordion, Tubetei, Ray Bans, nice clean white tee shirt showing under your pressed shirt, Let's go! and don't forget, afterwards kap kaynar çәy eçhәrbez!

Rәhim Itegez!


My intention - During the last twenty something years I have been studying all things relating to Tatar culture. At times it was excruciating difficult to obtain any resources, books, pictures, music, anything. Some of what I have assembled, I can't reference because the notes are gone or were never there in the first place. When at the library, if I run across interesting material relating to Tatar culture, I photocopy it right there and tuck into a Tatar folder. The mass of these clippings is what I hope to draw from. I'm not interested in Pissing anyone off by using their material without their permission. If you'd like me to remove anything, send me an email and I WILL REMOVE IT IMMEDIATELY. I may try to persuade you to leave it up, though.

I hope that some of the larger postings can be organized into a Virtual Tatar Library. I have no intention of generating any revenue from my blog. I'm sharing academic materials. If you have any written materials related to Tatar Culture, send it and I'll put it up. I'm not selling any books, or any copies of books. These are posted to share a resource that's not available here in San Francisco.

1 comment:

Millah said...

isanme! Do you have an email or a way to receive messages? There is a book from an old post I would love to get the pdf of if it's still available. https://theperemechlounge.blogspot.com/2008/07/tatar-decorative-arts-book.html