Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Islam In Tokyo - Islam Tarihi - Arabic Script

This is the exterior of the Mosque in Tokyo. The original was built by Tatars in the 1930's. This one was rebuilt by the Turkish Government between 1998 and 2000. I don't know what happened to the original one. I've never been, but the interior looks splendid.



It's still Ramadan, and I thought this book would be appropriate. I scanned and re-scanned this a few times. The first attempt was of pretty poor quality. This one is far more legible. I scanned page three at least SEVEN times!


This book was printed in Tokyo in 1932 and I believe the cover says "Islam Tarihi" - Islamic History. It is written in Arabic Script - Tatar Language.

It was a given from my Zuhre Ebe.

you can download the .pdf here: http://www.mediafire.com/view/?3svyc1m0ac4kgkt

more Tokyo Camii

No comments: