Friday, August 29, 2008

Tatar Alifbe Instruction Book - Tokyo 1932 - SF Tatar Virtual Library

This book may be the most important of them all out of the books from Japan. My Zuhre Ebe gave me this book and wrote the dedication.

I can only get so far with this book. I do much better if my Eni is sitting next to me. Ebe would write letters to my Eni in Arabic Script Tatar Language. Eni would reply to her in Latin Script, Turkish Language.

When I was a child, I used to think that Turks were speaking Tatarcha incorrectly. I've left all the scribbles and notes in the converted .pdf file. Several people have contributed to the notes over time.

I've seen Arabic Language instruction pages where mouseovers trigger audio files of the words being read by an expert, to assist with pronunciation. This would be helpful with this text, and a possible future project.

Alifbe Arabic Script instructional book. (in Tatar)

No comments: